Saturday, December 11, 2010

INDIA : a political view


Where is independence..??

When I was in my 8th standard, I have studied in my textbook that how India got independence in aug’47 after so much struggle by our freedom fighters.

But few days back, my cousin showed me video clips of what exactly happened at that time. And then I decided to share my feeling after watching those clip.

Very few of us knows that India and Pakistan were divided by britishers by making a law named : “Indian independence act- 1947” according to that law, India and Pakistan are two dominion states under Great Britain. This is the reason why till today the name of Britain’s Queen comes before the President of India.

You will be shocked to know that our entry in commonwealth nations is as “British Dominion” not as “Indian Republic”.

Today when I am in the beginning of my twenties, I am busy in finding the facts and searching that where is “Independence”..?? I want to ask my elders, and my ancestors that are we actually living in a independent country ? My question is to all those soldiers who are guarding our nation 24*7 from the terrorism that is it worth devoting major part of your life to this country..??

If you just pick any newspaper of year 2010, I can ensure you confidently that you will find a news related to corruption in our country. We all know that today this corruption is in the roots of our country’s democracy and even then we all are still busy in making our own status in the society. I want to ask directly to citizen of India that Why we all are now slowly forgetting how many thousands of crores of the common man were wasted in the name of “Common Wealth Games”. I have already given the statistics in my earlier blog .

According to me the reason is that in the past two months some more severe corruption scams come into the media namely “ Adarsh Society Scam” and “ 2 G Spectrum Scam”. where one more zero is added to the amount corrupted.

Why in lok sabha the demand of opposition of “Joint Parliamentary Committee” to enquire the case of 2 g spectrum is not accepted till today even after 21 days of strike (longest strike ever in the history of lok sabha). We all will be shocked to know that the corruption charges in 2-G spectrum case are approx. 17 thousand crores . which is equitant to our defence budget.

With all such scams in news one thing is very clear that leading party of the nation “ Congress” is not with AAM AADAMI..

Even the history of the party reflects the same. I would also like to share one more incidence about which I came to know in the recent past.

Very few people know how Jawaharlal Nehru was elected as the first prime minister of independent India.

In year 1947, it was decided it was decided by congres that the person who will be elected as the party president by voting among 15 party members will be the first prime minister of India . and in that voting 14 votes out 15 were in the favor of Sardar Patel , because no one in a congress party was in favor of Jawaharlal.. Because of his sycophancy among britishers . but Nehru was not in a mood to accept the decision of the party so he approached BAPU” Mahatma Gandhi” and warned him to break the party which will give britishers to live in India for some more years. And as per the last phase of “ Gandhi vangmay” a book named “ Puran Ahuti” was written by pyare lal ( secretary of mahatma Gandhi) . In that book a letter by Gandhi ji to Sardar Vallbhbhai Patel is also printed. As per that letter.. Gandhi ji requested sardar patel to withdraw his name from the party to make the Jawaharlal Nehru a prime minister.

And sardar patel was the great follower of mahatama Gandhi , so he agreed. You can also check it with this link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vallabhbhai_Patel . This is the story how our first (and to the date longest) prime minister was elected.

With two different aspects written above I would like to conclude by asking from you that “How can we let our next generation to breath in the same corrupted Indian democracy” ??

All what I want to say is that :- we know our past, we know our present, and now it depends on us how we would make this country’s future. Now its over to you to think upon this..!!

4 comments:

  1. Good one Saurabh!! Well captured facts..infact a few of them were unknown to me and came across as really shocking ones..You would be happy to learn that the youth in India is increasingly getting aware of these facts and once this awareness dawns upon Indian citizens, they would realize their role and responsibility towards India's future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, well articulated. keep it up. good to see u keeping pace with writings.

    ReplyDelete